Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

The Garden Remembers

 






There are days I forget who I am.


Not in a dramatic way.

Not in a movie-scene collapse.


Just… quietly.


Like standing in a room I built myself and somehow feeling like I don’t belong in it anymore.


Like everything I’ve touched has been rearranged, renamed, or taken. And I’m left standing there holding pieces no one recognizes as mine.


But the garden doesn’t do that to me.


The garden remembers.


⸻


I walk outside and nothing asks me to explain myself.


Not the clover spreading soft and low like it’s trying to hold the earth together.

Not the willows stretching out like they’ve always known how to bend without breaking.

Not the seedlings that shouldn’t have made it...but did anyway.


They don’t question where I’ve been.

They don’t ask who I’m becoming.

They don’t flinch at the parts of me that had to get sharp to survive.


They just… respond.


To my hands.

To my presence.

To the quiet way I show up, even when I’m unraveling.


⸻


I think about her a lot out here.


Angel.


Not in some distant, untouchable way...

but like she’s woven into everything that still feels real.


The way I stop to look at something small and alive and feel it fully.

The way I kneel down instead of rushing past.

The way I care for something without needing to be seen doing it.


I don’t just remember her.


I repeat her.


⸻


There was a day in Kansas.


Just me and my grandpa.


We drove out to the cemetery, quiet the whole way;

not the kind of silence that’s awkward,

the kind that already understands what you’re about to feel.


Gravel under the tires.

Wind moving through everything at once.

That wide, open stillness that makes you feel small in a way that’s almost… honest.


We walked to her.


And there was a bench.


Her bench.


I sat down and I remember thinking—

this is where love goes when it doesn’t have a body anymore.


It just… stays.


In the air.

In the ground.

In the space between two people who don’t need to say anything because it’s already too big for words.


⸻


I looked at him and he looked at me, and I could feel it;


not just grief.


Recognition.


Like something in both of us knew

she didn’t disappear.


She changed form.


⸻


I remember the way my chest hurt out there.


Not sharp.


Heavy.


Full.


Like my body didn’t know how to hold that much love and that much absence at the same time.


And I think that’s the moment something in me shifted.


Not healed.


Not fixed.


Just… realigned.


⸻


Because after that, I stopped trying so hard to be understood by people

who only saw pieces of me.


And I started paying attention to what already understood me completely.


⸻


The garden.


⸻


Because the truth is;


People forget.


They forget what you’ve built.

They forget what you’ve survived.

They forget the version of you that existed before it became inconvenient.


They rename your strength.

They minimize your work.

They step over things you poured your entire soul into like it was just… dirt.


⸻


But dirt is not nothing.


Dirt holds memory.


Dirt holds everything that died and turned into something new.


Dirt doesn’t erase you.

It absorbs you.

Keeps you.

Grows you again in a different form when you’re ready.


⸻


And now I understand why I kneel the way I do.


Why I take my time.

Why I touch leaves like they matter.

Why I build spaces that feel like something you’re allowed to sit in and just… be.


Because I’ve already sat in a place

where love didn’t leave.


It just changed shape.


⸻


So when I step into my garden...

my circle, my raised beds, the little things I’ve planted inside and outside like quiet promises,


I don’t feel lost.


I feel recognized.


⸻


Not the version of me people argue with.

Not the version of me people misunderstand.

Not the version of me that gets reduced or dismissed.


The real one.


The one who builds quietly.

The one who notices everything.

The one who loves so deeply it almost ruins her. And then chooses to keep loving anyway.


⸻


The garden sees her.


Without question.

Without hesitation.


⸻


And maybe that’s the kind of place I want to become.


Not something loud.

Not something that begs to be understood.


Just something that remembers.


Something that holds.


Something that lets things grow exactly as they are. Without asking them to be anything else first.


⸻


Because even when everything else gets taken, shifted, or erased;


There is still something in me

that knows how to grow.


And the garden…


will always know her name.


Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year