Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

Some Women Bloom After the Fire



Sometimes I wonder if I ended up on this land by accident.


And then I remember that three hundred years ago, when women here were called dangerous, they ran into these same woods and survived by becoming something else entirely.


That changes the way you understand a place.


It changes the way you understand yourself.


Because once you realize survival has always looked like this here - quiet, stubborn, rooted, and a little misunderstood -  you stop asking whether you belong.


You start noticing that maybe you arrived exactly where women like you always have.


Not where they were welcomed.


Where they lived anyway.


I didn’t bloom in safety.


I didn’t bloom when things got easier.


I bloomed after I stopped trying to stay where I was shrinking.


There’s a version of me that spent years explaining herself.


Trying to be clearer.

Kinder.

More patient.

More acceptable.

More understandable.


As if understanding was the price of being allowed to exist.


That version of me didn’t disappear.


She just stopped waiting.


People think blooming looks soft.


Like flowers in the right season.

Like gentle timing.

Like permission.


But sometimes blooming looks like leaving the road.


Sometimes it looks like choosing land over approval.


Sometimes it looks like building something small and real instead of performing something large and temporary.


A doorway.


A circle in the yard.


A house that feels like it recognizes you back.


A life that doesn’t require witnesses to be legitimate.


Three hundred years ago, women here crossed into the trees when the story being written about them stopped being survivable.


They didn’t argue with it.


They stepped outside of it.


And the Susquehannock people made space for them to live anyway.


I think about that more than I expected to.


Not because I’m trying to be dramatic.


Because something in me understood this place before I had words for why.


Some land holds memory differently.


Some land knows what to do with women who rebuild themselves.


I didn’t come here because everything was finished.


I came here while I was still becoming.


Still learning how to stop apologizing for the shape of my life.


Still learning that building something slowly is not the same thing as falling behind.


Still learning that peace is not something you earn by shrinking.


It’s something you make with your hands.


Some women survive the fire.


Some women bloom after it.


Not softer.


Not quieter.


Just harder to move.


And harder to misunderstand once they finally decide where they’re going to grow.


 

Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year