Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

I Didn't Disappear. I Was Building a Life

 


For a little while it probably looked like I vanished.


I stopped explaining myself.

I stopped narrating progress.

I stopped translating my healing into updates people could measure.


From the outside, it looked quiet.


But I wasn’t gone.


I was carrying boxes into a house older than most of the expectations people ever had for me.

I was learning new floorboards. New light angles. New mornings.

I was building routines that didn’t depend on anyone else’s permission to exist.


I was planting things that don’t bloom on demand.


And I turned my altar.


It used to face west.


Because for a long time my life was about endings.


Letting things go.

Letting illusions collapse.

Letting versions of myself walk into the dark without chasing them.


West is where the sun sets.

West is where grief breathes.

West is where survival lives.


But this season isn’t about surviving anymore.


So I turned my altar east.


Which, honestly, feels aggressive.


Because sunrise requires participation.


Something strange happens when you stop performing survival for an audience.


Your life starts growing in directions nobody claps for at first.


You stop explaining your boundaries.

You stop negotiating your rest.

You stop shrinking your plans so other people feel comfortable staying small around you.


And then suddenly one day you realize:


You didn’t disappear.


You relocated your energy.


While it looked like I went quiet, I was doing extremely loud things.


I moved into a historic house with beams that have been standing longer than some family patterns.

I built an office that belongs to my future instead of my past.

I chose a degree that lets me study living systems instead of broken ones.


I started building something permanent.


Not loud.


Permanent.


I think people expect healing to look dramatic.


Announcements.

Closures.

Declarations.

Before-and-after photos with captions that say look how far I came.


But sometimes healing looks like:


buying nightstands

assembling furniture slowly

learning where the sunlight lands in your kitchen

watering seedlings

taking the long way through your own life on purpose


Sometimes healing looks like facing your altar east and not telling anyone for a while.


The truth is, I didn’t disappear.


I stopped asking permission.


Permission to rest.

Permission to study.

Permission to grow roots deeper than someone else’s comfort zone.

Permission to stay where I am loved by the land, the dogs at my feet, and the quiet I built myself.


I stopped asking permission to become someone permanent.


Apparently when you rotate your altar toward new beginnings the universe responds by handing you:


a historic house

a horticulture degree path

two emotionally committed huskies

and a personality upgrade that includes boundaries


which feels excessive but I accept the terms.


There is a version of me that survived everything.


She faced west for a long time.


She learned how to let things end with dignity.

She learned how to leave.

She learned how to rebuild herself from compost and silence and stubborn hope.


I'm grateful to her.


But she isn’t the only version of me anymore.


Now, there is also a version of me that stays.


That plants things.


That builds structures.


That wakes up early enough to meet the sun halfway.


I didn’t disappear.


I rooted.


And roots are quiet until the entire landscape changes.

Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year