Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

I Reclaimed It




They said it was ruined.

Too loud.

Too much.

Too broken to repair.


They didn’t know I was raised on wreckage.


I reclaimed the mornings first.

The 3 a.m. spirals.

The shaking hands.

The hollow ache that used to beg for something to numb it.


I sat in it instead.

On a metaphorical Hollywood bench swing — creaking, exposed, no audience —

and I let the wind move through me without trying to control it.


I reclaimed my name.

Not the one spoken in anger.

Not the one whispered in pity.

The one I say to myself when I look in the mirror and recognize survival.


I reclaimed my body.

From trauma.

From shame.

From the hands of people who mistook my softness for weakness.


This body has survived assault.

Steel and asphalt.

Addiction’s quiet seduction.

Grief that sat like concrete in my lungs.


It is not ruined.

It is reinforced.


I reclaimed my mind.

From lies that said I was unlovable.

From narratives that said I was too much or not enough.

From the belief that commitment must be begged for.


I don’t beg anymore.

I build.


I build gardens where chaos once lived.

I build routines where destruction once ruled.

I build a life that does not depend on anyone choosing me.


I chose me.


That is the reclamation.


Not loud.

Not dramatic.

Just deliberate.


Every sober sunrise.

Every homework assignment turned in.

Every dog kissed on the forehead.

Every boundary held when my voice wanted to shake.


I reclaimed it.


My peace.

My future.

My softness that is still dangerous.


And if anyone ever asks what changed —

tell them this:


Nothing was given back to me.


I took it.

Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year