Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

Some Days Survival Is a Whole Prayer

 



A husky froze to death. The system is collapsing. And we’re still pretending this is normal.


Some days survival isn’t self care,

it's begging the world not to take anything else.


It’s not a morning routine.

It’s not a gratitude journal.

It’s not a beige reel telling you to romanticize your suffering with oat milk and eucalyptus.


Some days survival is a whole prayer whispered through clenched teeth like:

please just let nothing else break today.


A husky freezing outside in a crate.

Left there.

Dead this morning.


And somehow we’re still expected to keep scrolling.


Our government feels dismantled in real time.

The people meant to protect us are the ones we’re bracing against.

Children are being harmed.

Veterans are being treated like disposable background noise.

And the collective response is… discourse.


Snow discourse.

Grocery store discourse.

Who’s tougher. Who’s softer. Who’s “doing it wrong.”


Meanwhile, some of us are literally just trying to keep our water lines from freezing and our dogs alive.


People are melting down over this storm.

Mocking each other.

Offering privileged opinions to rural survivors like survival is a personality flaw and not a math problem.


“The system is stressed,” they say.


No.

The system is wrecked.


Not “needs reform.”

Not “could be better.”

Wrecked. Bent. Snapped. Held together with vibes and people who are one bad day away from screaming into the void.


No, I can’t control any of this.

But holy shit, this is a lot to hold.


And here’s the part that makes people uncomfortable:

the small things still matter.


My plant’s leaves are stressing.

Because I’m a ball of stress.

Because living things absorb the environment they’re in, and right now the environment is grief, rage, helplessness, and a low grade panic that never fully shuts off.


You can tell me plants don’t feel emotions.

Cool.

Tell that to every gardener who’s watched a plant bounce back the moment their life stabilized.


I don’t care about snow totals.

I don’t care about political hot takes.

I don’t care who won the argument of the week on the internet.


I care that empathy is being treated like a weakness.

I care that cruelty is being marketed as realism.

I care that we’re so desensitized we need a viral video to remember someone is a human being.


Some of us are one storm away from disaster.

Some of us are one loss away from breaking.

Some of us are holding it together with duct tape, prayer, dark humor, and a space heater that’s on its last leg.


And yet,

people still show up.


They shovel for neighbors.

They check on animals.

They share generators.

They sit with grief they didn’t cause because someone has to.


That’s the part I refuse to give up on.


I don’t want perfection.

I don’t want saviors.

I don’t want polished statements or hollow apologies.


I want human decency back.


I want us to remember that survival isn’t a competition.

That safety isn’t universal.

That “just move” and “just prepare better” are things only said by people who’ve never had to choose between heat and groceries.


Some days survival isn’t brave.

It isn’t inspiring.

It isn’t pretty.


Some days survival is the quiet, stubborn refusal to become cruel just because the world is.


And honestly?


That’s still worth fighting for.

Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year