Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

Not Everything That Glows is Safe

 


There’s a moment in recovery when you realize the danger isn’t always relapse.

Sometimes it’s reverence.

Sometimes it’s the quiet expectation that you suspend discernment for the sake of harmony.

Sometimes it’s someone speaking with authority about things that should never be softened -

and the room nodding along.

That was the moment I stood up.

Not in anger.

In clarity.


That happened to me this week.


Someone spoke with certainty. Authority. Warmth.

They used language that sounded spiritual. Inclusive. Gentle.


And my whole system said: No.


So I left.


Not because I’m intolerant.

Not because I can’t “hold space.”

Not because I’m threatened by different beliefs.


I left because recovery is not a place for spiritual confusion masquerading as safety.


The Problem With Soft Lies

I’ve been sober long enough to know this:

anything that asks you to suspend discernment “for harmony” is dangerous.

When belief systems contradict themselves and ask you not to notice, that’s not spirituality. That’s conditioning.

And when those contradictions are wrapped in authority, especially sponsorship, it becomes something worse.


Let me be clear, because clarity is kindness:

Christianity has explicitly condemned witchcraft for centuries.

Not symbolically.

Not metaphorically.


Legally. Violently. Systemically.


Witches were persecuted, executed, erased.

Their practices demonized, their knowledge stolen or buried.

Under Christian dominance.


That history isn’t debatable.

It isn’t “old energy.”

It doesn’t disappear because someone feels spiritually eclectic.


So when those two identities are fused without reckoning -

without accountability -

without historical literacy -


What’s being practiced isn’t healing.


It’s spiritual amnesia.


Power Matters in Recovery Spaces

Here’s the part people don’t like to talk about.


Recovery rooms are not neutral ground.


They are full of newcomers.

People whose boundaries are thin.

People desperate for guidance.

People who haven’t yet learned how to trust their own inner compass.


When someone in a position of authority presents a belief system that is theologically incoherent and historically violent, but frames it as safe, loving, evolved...that matters.


Because authority shapes nervous systems.


And confusion does not heal trauma.

It recreates it.


“Take What You Need and Leave the Rest” Has Limits

That phrase gets weaponized.


It’s meant to empower choice,

not silence discernment.


You are allowed to leave a room that doesn’t feel safe.

You are allowed to disagree without debating.

You are allowed to protect your sobriety from spiritual noise.


You do not owe reverence to ideas that collapse under examination.


You do not owe politeness to incoherence.


And you do not need to shrink your intelligence to preserve someone else’s comfort.


This Is Not About Control. It’s About Integrity.

People are free to choose their paths.

Always.

But not every path belongs in every space.


Recovery demands honesty - not aesthetic spirituality.

Grounding - not contradiction.

Safety - not symbolism.


I didn’t leave because I was angry.


I left because my sobriety is built on truth,

and truth requires discernment.


Some people will be offended by that.


That’s okay.


I will lose friends.

I will gain others.

That’s how integrity works.


The Quiet Line I’ll Keep Holding

I don’t need to fight anyone.

I don’t need to convince.

I don’t need to perform tolerance at the expense of my nervous system.


I’ll just keep choosing rooms where clarity lives.


Because recovery isn’t about glowing language or borrowed identities.


It’s about becoming whole...

without pretending contradictions don’t matter.


And that, quietly, is the hill I’m willing to stand on.

Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year