Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

I Survived Everything. Now I'm Building Biomes.

The Feral Thesis.

I was seven years old when I learned how to run away without leaving the room.


I didn't pack a bag.

I didn't tell anyone.

I just figured out how to disappear inside myself and keep going anyway.


I always figured it out.

I always have.


That is the part people never understand about me. They look at my life and see chaos or intensity or too much emotion and they miss the most important thing.

I survived everything. I wasn't fragile. I was adaptive.

And when you learn how to adapt young enough it doesn't look like resilience.

It looks like instinct.

It looks like knowing when to go quiet.

It looks like reading a room faster than your own heartbeat.

It looks like becoming whatever version of yourself keeps you alive.


I didn't grow up wanting to heal. I grew up wanting to make it through the day.

I learned how to brace before the hit.

How to feel danger before it spoke.

How to disappear without anyone noticing.


If survival were an Olympic sport I would have medals I didn't ask for. 

And a body that never stopped waiting for the next impact.


I always figured out how. That part never failed me. What failed me was the lie that survival was the end of the story.


Now my hands are registered.

That sentence still feels strange to write. Not metaphorically. Not spiritually. Legally.

I'm certified to heal. Which feels almost absurd considering most of my life was spent learning how not to die.

These days I wear my boundaries like a black belt.

Not because I'm angry. Not because I'm cold.

But because I'm done bleeding in places that were never safe.


My boundaries are not walls. They are a fucking dojo.


I'm not here to fight everyone.

But I am trained.

And I'm done pretending I don't know how strong I am.


Breaking generational curses does not look gentle.

It doesn't look polite. It looks like saying no and watching people recoil. It looks like disappointing people who benefited from your silence.


It looks like teaching your inner child that no is not cruel. No is protection. No is holy.


Being unique was never the problem. Being unsupported was. Being different without safety teaches you that you are the danger. That your instincts are wrong. That your truth is something to manage instead of honor.


So you learn to contort.

To shrink.

To survive.


And I did.


I survived everything.


At some point survival stopped feeling impressive and started feeling exhausting.

So I stopped trying to heal the way people wanted me to.

Clean. Linear. Palatable.


Instead I built biomes.


Heat zones under the camper for rage and activation and forward motion.

Desert desk biome with succulents for control and containment.

Riverbank willows for grief...flexible, rooted. Allowed to bend.


I did not heal.


I diversified.


Because nervous systems don't need fixing. They need environments that don't require constant vigilance.


I'm building a raised garden bed now.

Permaculture-esc style.


Not ripping everything out. Not burning the soil because I am angry. But working with what already exists.

Slow systems.

Sustainable growth.

Intentional placement.


Turns out peace feels boring until you realize chaos was just expensive.


Coming out of the broom closet cost me more than I was prepared for. Solar didn't just illuminate my path. It exposed everything people wanted hidden.

Entire families decided I was unsafe. Children were pulled away. Goodbyes never said.

Not because I hurt anyone. But because I refused to pretend.


I did not lose my family. I lost access to people who needed me quiet.


And that grief does not come with closure. It just lives in your chest and learns your breathing patterns.


Here is the truth no one prepares you for:

When you stop abandoning yourself, others notice. And not everyone survives that change.

I'm not emotionally safe to people who benefit from my self erasure. I'm not small. I'm not digestible.

I'm not willing to disappear to keep the peace.

But I am safe now. Safe in my body. Safe in my boundaries.

Safe in the knowing that the seven year old little girl who figured it out didn't suffer for nothing.


She didn't run away forever. She ran long enough to learn how to build.


And for the first time in my life I'm not surviving...


I'm rooting.




Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year