Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

Bloom Without Permission

​There’s a strange moment in recovery when you realize the people you thought would clap for you… don’t even look up.

You hit a milestone, build a life out of scraps, keep yourself alive through storms you never asked to weather — and somehow you’re still met with a shrug.

And honestly?

At first, it hurts so bad it steals your breath.

Then, if you survive that sting long enough, something wild happens:

You bloom anyway.


The Day I Realized No One Was Coming to Celebrate Me

I don’t remember the exact moment it hit me — maybe I was standing in my garden, maybe I was making one of my tarot gift boxes, maybe I was just staring out at the property wondering how the hell my life turned into this strange mix of peace and loneliness — but suddenly I felt it:

“Oh. It’s just me. It has always been me.”

And not in the sad, violin type of way.

More like… damn.

I really kept myself alive.

I really built an entire life sober, from literal dirt and heartbreak, and I’m the one clapping in the background like some drunk toddler at a talent show.

It sounds funny, but it was freeing.

I stopped waiting for other people to see me.

I started seeing myself.


The Garden That Grew Before Anyone Believed I Could

When I planted my first seed in early recovery, I was holding more fear than soil.

I didn’t know if that tiny plant would grow.

I didn’t know if I would grow.

But plants don’t ask for applause.

They don’t sulk because no one noticed their new leaf.

They just… keep going.

It’s humbling when your basil is more emotionally stable than you.

Like, damn girl, teach me your ways.

But she did.

Every little sprout was a reminder:

Roots form in the dark.

Growth happens in silence.

You don’t need witnesses to become something beautiful.

And maybe that’s why I became so obsessed with herbs, soil, and string-of-hearts vines — because they mirrored the healing I was doing when no one else was looking.


The Awkward Part: Blooming Without Permission

Do you know how uncomfortable it is to start loving yourself when you’re used to shrinking?

It feels like trying on confidence in a dressing room with harsh lighting.

You’re like:

“Is this… me?”

“Do I look ridiculous?”

“Why am I suddenly proud of myself? Someone stop me.”

But then it settles in.

Those little moments where you catch your reflection and see someone you actually like.

The woman who survived the ugliest chapters and still chose softness.

The woman who stayed sober when everything tried to break her.

The woman who now makes witchy herb vials and tarot decks while healing her inner world like it’s her full-time job.

It’s ridiculous and magical.

Chaos and serenity braided together.

I don’t bloom quietly anymore.

But I also don’t bloom for applause.

I bloom because I fucking can.


The People Who Never Clapped

Everyone has their version of “them” — the people who should have supported you, but didn’t.

Mine still exist in my life, floating around with their lukewarm reactions and emotionally constipated responses.

For a while, I tried to earn their love.

Watered myself down.

Shrunk my dreams into something less threatening.

Now?

I wish them well from a distance while building a life that would make my younger self scream into a pillow from joy.

Because here’s the truth:

Some people will never celebrate you — not because you’re small, but because your growth reminds them they never planted anything.


This Season Is Mine

These days, I celebrate myself in the same way I nurture my plants:

Consistently.

Gently.

With love, sunlight, and a little witchcraft.

I clap for my own milestones.

I hype myself up when I make something beautiful.

I’m proud of the woman I’m becoming even if no one else says a word.

And listen…

If you’re reading this and you feel alone in your growth —

if you’re blooming quietly in the dark, with no audience, no applause, no emotional cheerleaders —

please hear me:

You’re not doing it wrong.

You’re doing it bravely.

This is the season where we become our own support system.

Where we stop waiting for someone else to validate our becoming.

Where we bloom without permission.


And this time?

We do it loudly.



Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year