Ten Months of Unconditional Love
Ten months ago, I met a love I never knew existed. Not the kind that asks me to bleed for it, not the kind that runs when I stumble, not the kind I have to chase until my soul is torn apart. This love was different. This love was waiting for me the moment I chose sobriety.
Ten months sober. ❤️ Ten moons of waking up with a clearer sky inside me. Ten months of remembering who I am.
I found safety first. A fragile, trembling safety in the AA rooms on Zoom—little glowing windows full of strangers who somehow felt like home. I sat there in my quiet, aching loneliness, and they just… loved me. No conditions. No expectations. Just a chorus of voices saying, “Keep coming back. You belong. (And the most important…) welcome home.”
And I realized: this is unconditional love.
It’s not loud or demanding. It doesn’t bargain or punish. It’s a circle. A soft, steady circle that says: you are held. You are safe. You are enough.
Unconditional love is the moonlight that never leaves me, no matter how dark the night feels. It’s my husky curled beside me, her breath syncing with mine. It’s my ancestors whispering through the trees when I think I can’t take one more step. It’s candles flickering on my altar, reminding me that Spirit has never left my side.
Unconditional love is the community that holds me when I am breaking. It’s the magick woven between us—people who should be strangers, but instead are kin, soul family, coven.
Ten months sober is not just a milestone. It’s a rebirth. It’s proof that the witch in me—the survivor in me—chose life, and was met with love.
So tonight, under this black new moon, I celebrate. Ten months sober. Ten months of love that doesn’t demand conditions. Ten months of being held by Spirit, by community, by myself.
To those still searching, know this: love is already here. It lives in the breath you just took. It lives in the circle waiting for you. It lives in you.
Unconditional love didn’t ask me to chase it.
It was here all along.
And the greatest spell I ever cast was finally saying yes.
Blessed be,
b – the wiccan next door 🌙✨

