Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

Building A Home Inside Yourself

I’ve learned something lately that no one tells you when you’re moving, downsizing, breaking up, starting over, or just trying to figure out where the hell your life is going…

Home is not always a physical address.

Sometimes, “home” is what you build inside yourself when the world outside feels unstable.


⸻


The Myth of a Fixed Address

I used to think home was four walls, a front door, and the comfort of knowing where you’ll sleep at night. I chased that picture-perfect setup for years, believing that if I could just find the place and the person, I’d finally be grounded.

But I’ve lived in houses that didn’t feel safe, stayed in relationships where my body was present but my soul felt homeless, and been surrounded by “stuff” that only reminded me of what I’d lost.

Now, I’m in a camper—with my husky at my feet—and I’ve never felt more aware that I am the home I’ve been searching for.


⸻


The Inner Foundation

Here’s the thing about building a home inside yourself:

It’s not about making your life picture-perfect, it’s about making your inner world sturdy enough that even if the walls fall down around you, you still have a place to belong.

For me, it’s:

• A morning ritual that centers me, no matter where I wake up.

• My favorite mug for tea, even if the kitchen changes.

• A playlist that feels like my heartbeat.

• A deep knowing that my worth doesn’t live in someone else’s hands.


⸻


When the World Feels Temporary

Moving into a camper taught me how to travel light - physically, but also emotionally.

I’ve had to choose what gets to stay with me; not just clothes or books, but thoughts, beliefs, and people.

Some stayed.

Some had to go.

And that’s okay.

When you create home inside yourself, you stop clinging to what’s crumbling and start honoring what’s solid.


⸻


The Spell of Belonging

Here’s a little spell you can whisper to yourself when you feel adrift:


“Wherever I am, I am home.

My body is my shelter.

My heart is my hearth.

My spirit is my light.

I am safe here.”


Say it until you feel it in your bones. Say it until your breath deepens. Say it until the noise of the outside world feels like a distant hum.


⸻


Closing the Door

The truth is, people can walk out, houses can be sold, plans can fall apart.

But the home you build inside yourself? That’s yours forever.

It’s not about never leaving.

It’s about always having somewhere to return to.

And when you walk through the world with that kind of home inside you…

You become soft enough to receive love, and still dangerous enough to walk away from anything less.


Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year