Days of Stability

Days of Stability Tracker

This simple tracker is for readers who want to mark time spent choosing stability — whether that means recovery, boundaries, rest, or consistency.

This tool is for reflection and encouragement only. It is not medical or therapeutic advice.

Today In Nature

Today in Nature

Soft, Still Dangerous

They told me I was “too much.” Too sensitive. Too angry. Too loud. Too intense. But I’ve learned something. You can be soft and still dangerous when you’ve survived the things I have.

I’m not naming names.

Not yet.

But this weekend, a ghost of a life I fought to crawl away from was invited into my space without my consent. A man tied to an empire of dismissal, silence, and deep trauma — allowed to sleep under the same roof as me.

And I was told I had no choice.

That’s what this blog is — my choice. My say. My sanctuary. I don’t know exactly what this space will be yet. Maybe it’s my scream. Maybe it’s my prayer. Maybe it’s a place to be still in the ache and the healing. What I do know is that I’m done carrying this alone. I have earned my rage. I have earned my voice. And you don’t have to understand me. Just don’t mistake my softness for submission. Because I’m soft, still — but I’m dangerous now, too. 

I’ve spent years trying to be the “bigger person.” Swallowing my stories, shrinking my pain to protect people who never protected me. I’ve been polite about my trauma. I’ve wrapped my fury in forgiveness just to make other people comfortable. But the truth is — that politeness nearly killed me. Silence nearly swallowed me whole.

So this is where I start peeling it back. Slowly. Safely. On my terms. This blog isn’t for pity. It’s not for likes or followers. It’s for the girl I used to be, shaking and scared, thinking it was her fault. It’s for the woman I am now, who knows better — and is learning to do better, even if her voice trembles. I don’t know who will read this. Maybe no one. Maybe someone who needed it more than I’ll ever know. But even if this blog only ever exists as a place where I can lay down the weight I’ve been dragging behind me — that’s enough.

I’m not here to be palatable. I’m here to be real. I’m here to say: I lived through it. I’m still living through it. And while I may be soft — don’t confuse that with weakness. Because I am still here. 

Still standing.

Soft…

Still dangerous.

Popular Posts

The Wheel of the Year